The Japan visa application form requires that travelers provide several essential details.
Foreign visitors must provide the following on the Japan visa form:
- Surname and given names as shown in passport
- Date and place of birth
- Sex and marital status
- Citizenship and former or other citizenships
- Passport details including passport type, passport number, and issuing and expiration date.
- Purpose of visit to Japan
- Intended stay in Japan
- Date of arrival in Japan
- Port of entry and transport carrier
- Names and addresses of hotels or persons with whom the applicant intends to stay
Foreign travelers who complete the Japan visa application form are also required to answer a series of security questions including.
Security questions in Japan eVisa registration:
- Has the applicant been convicted of a crime or offence in any country
- Has the applicant been sentenced to imprisonment for 1 year or more in any country
- Has the applicant been deported or removed from Japan or any country for overstaying their visa or violating the law?
- Has the applicant been convicted and sentenced for a drug offence in any country in violation of law concerning narcotics, marijuana, opium, stimulants or psychotropic substances?
- Has the applicant engaged in prostitution or in the intermediation or solicitation of a prostitute for other persons, or in the provision of a place for prostitution, or any other activity directly connected to prostitution?
- Committed trafficking in persons or incited or aided another to commit such an offence?
If an applicant answers yes to these questions they are required to provide relevant details of their situation.
As it is with other legal applications, travelers must answer truthfully to each section of the Japan visa application form. Information must be precise and accurate. Applicants are advised to revise their application and documents before submitting them to their nearest Japanese mission.
How to get a visa for Japan
If you are a foreign visitor and wish to visit Japan for a short period of time and will not participate in remunerated or paid activities you can apply for a temporary visitor visa or also referred to as the Japan tourist visa.
With a tourist visa to Japan, its holder can engage in sight-seeing, visit family or friends, attend a wedding, attend business meetings, etc. To get a Japan tourist visa it is necessary to apply at a Japanese Embassy or Consulate.
Citizens of countries with visa exemption arrangements with Japan only need a valid passport to travel to Japan. Japanese authorities reserve the right to refuse entry to any traveler.
To get a visa for Japan, citizens from countries without visa exemption agreements must complete the Japan visa form with their personal details as they appear in their passport. It is necessary to provide additional documents such as an official birth certificate. Other Japan visa requirements include the following:
- A recent photograph, size 4.5 x 4.5 cm, in color and with a white background
- If the traveler is married, it is necessary to submit a marriage certificate issued within one year
- Schedule and travel plans in Japan
- Bank certificate, issued within the last 3 months
- Applicant’s income tax return
In the case that the traveler has a sponsor or guarantor it is necessary to provide:
- Guarantee letter where the relation between the traveler and the sponsor is explained, and the details of the sponsor or guarantor must be included.
- Proof of relationship with guarantor
- Bank certificated and income tax return of the sponsor/guarantor