Japan is a popular travel destination for both tourism and business purposes. In order to travel to Japan, Qatar passport holders will need to obtain a visa.
The Japan tourist visa allows a stay of up to 90 days for Qatari nationals. With a Japan tourist visa, travelers can engage in tourism, short-term business, or visits with family and friends.
The New Japan Tourist eVisa for Qatar Citizens
The Japanese government will be rolling out a new electronic visa (eVisa) for travel to Japan travel from Qatar. The application for the Japan eVisa for Qatari citizens requires a valid passport as well as other required documents. Since the process will be entirely online, applicants will no longer have to visit the Japanese Embassy in order to apply for a Japan visa.
The traveler will need to provide some personal details, which should match the details which appear on their passport. The application also requires more details about the trip, including the purpose of travel, travel dates, port of entry and the name of the ship or airline company used for arrival. The applicant must also provide accommodation details for where they will be staying during their trip.
Finally, the application has a section related to past criminal activity or immigration violations which the traveler is required to answer truthfully.
Japan e-Visa Requirements from Qatar
Be sure to review the list of visa requirements for the Japan tourist visa from Qatar before applying. Qatari nationals will need to submit the following set of documents:
- A valid Qatari passport, signed, with 2 blank visa pages
The completed visa application form
- A recent passport-sized photo with a white background
- Proof that the applicant can afford the trip, in the form of a recent bank certificate and income tax return
- If someone else will pay for the trip, the application should include documentation from the sponsor, including:
- A Letter of Guarantee
- A document proving the relationship between the sponsor and the applicant
- A bank certificate and income tax return from the sponsor
- Roundtrip travel confirmation for an airline or ship company for their trip to Japan
- A hotel reservation for the duration of their stay
- An itinerary of their Japan trip including dates, cities, contact information, and accommodation plans
If the applicant is visiting Japan because they were invited by someone who lives there, the person who invited them should include a formal letter in the application. For business travel, the application should include a cover letter from the employer in Qatar or an employee certificate.
Applying for a Japan e-Visa from Qatar
Until the eVisa process is in place, applicants must submit their materials to the Japanese Embassy in Doha, consulate general office, or visa processing agency while still in Qatar. Starting in 2020 with the eVisa, travelers will be able to quickly and easily submit the form themselves online.
Other Short-term Japan visas of Japan Visas for Qatari Passport Holders
The short-term tourism and short-term business travel visas are the most common visas for travelers to Japan. However, there are many other visa types and it is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that they apply for the correct type.
Short-term Japan visas for Qatari nationals
Visitors from Qatar can apply for the following short-term visas in addition to the tourist visas discussed above.
- Business Visa – travelers who wish to apply for this visa must be employed in a managerial position at a company which satisfies certain criteria
- Transit Visa – Citizens of Qatar require a transit visa even if Japan is just a stopover on the way to another destination