Japan draws in travelers from around the world due to its fascinating history and culture. At this time, citizens of 68 countries are able to travel to Japan for short-term stays without a visa. Citizens of Saudi Arabia, however, must obtain a Japan visa to visit the country. Currently, Saudi Arabian nationals must go to a Japanese embassy or consulate in order to obtain a short-term or long-term visa.
Japan is planning to introduce an electronic visa system by April 2020 to simplify the process of obtaining a visa. The list of eligible countries will be revealed when the Japan eVisa is launched. It is likely that the eVisa will replace the consular visa and that Saudi Arabians will be able to easily apply online for their eVisa for Japan.
Do citizens of Saudi Arabia need a Japan eVisa?
Citizens of Saudi Arabia who wish to travel to Japan need to apply for a visa. When Japan introduces the eVisa system, it is likely that Saudis will be eligible to obtain the electronic visa.
The Japan eVisa will grant holders entry to the country for short-term stays. In order for eligible citizens to apply online, they will need to complete an online application form with their personal details, travel plans, and passport information.
Saudi Arabian nationals, for the time being, can head to a Japanese Mission and request a consular visa to travel to Japan.
What are the Japan eVisa requirements for Saudi Arabia citizens?
When the eVisa is available, Saudi Arabian citizens along with other eligible citizens will need to meet the Japan eVisa requirements. These include:
- Valid passport
- Email address
- Debit or credit card
Applicants will need to apply for their eVisa for Japan with the passport they intend to use when traveling to Japan. All of the information provided on the application must be accurate and must match the details on the traveler’s passport.
Current Japan visa requirements for citizens of Saudi Arabia
The Japan visa requirements for Saudi Arabia citizens will differ depending on Saudi’s purpose of visit. For instance, the application process for a business visa varies from the application process for a tourist visa.
Short-term stays include trips of 90 days or less for tourism, business, visiting friends or family, that do not include remunerative activities. Saudis can apply for either of these visas as long as they meet all the requirements.
Generally speaking, travelers who wish to visit Japan for tourism purposes will need a valid passport with at least 2 blank pages. Saudis need to fill out a visa application form, provide a recent passport photo, a certified copy of their birth certificate and a schedule of their travel plans.
Japan Business visa for Saudis
Nationals of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia who wish to apply for a multiple-entry visa for business purposes and for cultural or intellectual figures must first meet eligibility requirements.
Business visa applicant’s eligibility requirements:
- A regular employee of a public enterprise
- An employee of a private company which is listed on the stock exchange (including Japan and third countries)
- A regular employee of a Japanese-affiliated company which is a member of the Japan Chamber of Commerce and has a management base in Japan
- A regular employee of a joint venture company, a subsidiary company or a branch office of a company which is listed on the stock exchange (including Japan and the third countries)
- A regular employee of a private company with constant business transactions with a Japanese company which is listed on the stock exchange
- A regular employee with more than three travel records to Japan for business purpose in the last year
- A regular employee with ten travel records to Japan for business purpose in the last three years
Applicants for cultural or intellectual figures must meet fall under one of the following:
- An artist (Fine Art, Literary Art, Music, Stage Play, Dance etc.) , a specialist in humanities (Literature, Law, Economics etc.), or a scientist (Technology, Medicine etc.) who has relevant accomplishments
- A lawyer, certified public accountant, patent attorney, judicial scrivener, notary, medical doctor who has a national or international qualification and actually working as the same position.
- An amateur sports player who has relevant accomplishments
- A full-time professor, assistant professor, or lecturer of a university or a college
- A director or higher post of a national or public research institution or a museum
- A Diet member, government official, local assemblyman, local government official
The Japan business visa for Saudis who with to travel to Japan includes the following requirements:
- Visa application (with photo)
- Employment certificate including salary, tenure, and position
- Documents to prove that the applicant qualifies for one of the eligible categories
- A letter of explanation stating the reason for applying for the multiple visa
Documents to prove kinship
The Japan visa for cultural or intellectual figures for Saudi Arabia citizens include the following requirements:
- Visa application (with photo)
- Documents to prove the applicant qualifies for one of the eligibility categories
A letter of explanation stating the reason for applying for the multiple visa
- Documents to prove kinship
How to apply for a Japan eVisa from Saudi Arabia
Applying for a Japan eVisa will be a fairly simple process. Eligible travelers will be able to complete the Japan eVisa application form by providing personal details such as:
- Full name
- Date and place of birth
- Travel plans
- Contact info: email, phone number
Applicants will need to complete their passport information as well, including passport number, issuing and expiration date. When applying online for the Japan electronic visa, Saudis will need to use the passport that they will use when traveling to the country. Information on the passport must match the details provided on the form.
After the application has been carefully completed, the applicant will need to pay the fee of the Japan eVisa to submit their application.
Once the application has been processed, if approved, the applicant will receive the Japan eVisa on their email inbox.
More details about the electronic visa for Japan for Saudi Arabian citizens will be posted on this site.